To be an inspirational cook and kitchen leader, maintaining high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations. To control the resources and cultivate the understanding of good food.
Inside a recently refurbished kitchen, you’ll be creating delicious dishes with organic seasonal produce, locally fresh. There’ll be training for you at the onsite dairy, as well as with the butcher and the cheese-maker.
You’ll be second in command to the head chef and inspiring and coaching the team, and making sure that every one of our 112 covers have fabulous food.
- Ensure the kitchen is run in the same professional manner
- Control food costs percentages and assist with the preparation of budgets
- Manage payroll and staff rota’s
- Provide training and development opportunities for staff – spot those keen to develop
- Champion top notch inductions – ensuring all new starters have a great start
- Communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis.
- Work with Executive Head Chef to influence and implement new menus
- Maintain kitchen standards, comply with statutory regulations and uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies
What we are looking for:
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working to junior sous, or sous chef level
- Management experience – able to manage the team and take charge of the kitchen when needed
- COSHH, Food Hygiene, First Aid training
- Passion for food
- Obsession for perfection – An eye for detail
- Confidence to make decisions and to stand by them
- Fun and positive attitude!
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership and a Health Cash Plan
- The opportunity to earn up to an extra month’s salary under our bonus scheme
- You’ll also get free uniform and staff meals when you’re on shift
- Additional in house benefits
- Wherever possible, you’ll be on a rota of four days on, three days off!
Don’t miss out – Apply now!
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Sam who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.