We have an exciting opportunity to join a bespoke, forward-thinking group as Head Chef in one of their flagship establishments. Known for their fresh food offering and picturesque location. Strong and experienced Sous Chefs will also be considered for this role.
The kitchen is closed Sunday – Thursday by 7pm in the winter months which gives you a great work/life balance.
The job role
- Managing food and labour costs
- Leading the brigade of dedicated Chefs and ensuring the highest standards are maintained
- Implement company policies and regulations
- Prepare food using fresh & local produce
- Assist with menu development
- Creating daily/weekly specials
- Stock management, ordering, organise staff rotas all whilst maintaining GP
- Training and developing the kitchen team
The ideal candidate
- Can run the pass effectively whilst keeping the kitchen organised
- Ability to work under pressure and can handle high-volume in busy periods
- Has ideas for menus and understands fresh, seasonal produce
- Takes pride in their work
- Has an exceptional understanding of stock management
- Puts passion into every dish
- Has an exceptionally positive attitude
- Own transport is required
- Salary of £28,000 per annum
- Gratuities on top
- Quarterly bonus scheme in place (approx. 10% of annual salary)
- Chance to showcase your creative flair
- Involved in the company with menu development etc
- Work/life balance in winter months
Don’t miss out – Apply now
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.