This award-winning country pub & restaurant have a career enhancing opportunity to lead the food operation and help push the business forward. Already boasting an exceptional reputation, you will be working closely with the GM to ensure this sought-after establishment continues to thrive.
The ideal candidate
- This Head Chef position is a demanding role so you’ll be expected to be hands-on, have a positive mind set and thrive under pressure
- Extensive experience within fresh food gastro pubs
- High-volume and busy establishments is a must
- Excellent team management skills and able to maintain motivation with the team
- Extremely organised and can delegate duties in an effective manner
- Has the ability to adapt to a busy environment and can produce fantastic food whilst running the pass
- Will lead by example and has a passion for fresh food and the industry!
- Your own transport is required
The job role
- Overseeing the quality check and ensuring each dish leaving the kitchen is to spec and a high standard
- Responsible for all administrative duties including implementing up to date health & safety checks/regulations
- Menu development ensuring the food choices are relevant and seasonal including daily/weekly specials
- Managing the large team of Chefs, KP’s and also overseeing the team of Pizza Chefs
- Liaising with the GM with upcoming events, menus, business reports and any relevant customer queries/issues
- Responsible for stock ordering and stock takes, ensuring you are able to identify any issues and provide solutions
- Producing tasty gastro style food to a very high standard, including beautifully cooked steaks and fresh fish dishes
What’s in it for you?
- Basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
- Additional gratuities of £3k-£5k per annum
- Fantastic opportunity to make a kitchen your own
- Thrive alongside an award-winning establishment
Don’t miss out – Apply now!
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.