School Head Chef
A school of an exceptional standard is now looking for a talented, dedicated and creative individual to manage the kitchen and take responsibility of their food operation.
This is also a unique role as you will be responsible for ‘cookery club’ on a Tuesday evening. This is where you will teach a small group of children the basics of cooking and at the end of each term they will prepare a dinner for their family, with your guidance.
- Monday – Friday 6:30am – 16:30pm (Tuesdays 20:00pm finish)
- Term time hours plus 2 weeks in the summer plus more (TBD)
- Occasional evening and Saturday required in accordance to needs of the school
The ideal candidate
- Has experience in a similar role including banqueting and events
- Excellent work ethic as this is a demanding role catering for 150+ at a time
- You must be a people person, as you will be required to interact with the children and parents
- Has extensive knowledge of HACCP, COSHH, stock control and budgets/food costs
- Keen eye for attention to detail and can produce food to a high standard
- A heightened level of knowledge with maths is required for this position
- Friendly, approachable and well presented with excellent communication skills
- Can constantly produce new ideas with menu development and events/functions
- Flexibility is a must as you will be required to work the occasional evening and Saturday
- Your own transport is required for this role
The job role
- Interacting with parents on occasion and also children on a regular basis, including cookery club on Tuesday evenings as mentioned above
- Training and development of the kitchen team
- Liaise with the Catering Manager with budgets, menu development and events/functions
- Responsible for stock ordering and control and also stock takes
- Produce food to a very high standard
- Oversee the preparation and serving of the food
- Identify any issues and provide effective solutions
- Keeping the team motivated and delegate duties appropriately
- Ensure the highest level of satisfaction for all diners
- Maintain the excellent culinary reputation that is in place
- Salary of £27,000 – £30,000 per annum
- Pension scheme, meals on duty and uniform provided
- Work/life balance
- Opportunity to utilise your ideas into events and creating menus
- Chance to showcase your creative flair
- Career security and development
Please apply for more details
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.