We have a brilliant opportunity for a Head Chef to captain the ship of a new and exciting establishment.
If you are sick of working allll day, but still passionate about cooking and managing a kitchen, then this position is for you.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about fresh food, has exemplar leadership skills, extensive stock management expertise, takes pride in the training and development of staff and has the ability to cater for potentially thousands of guests on a busy day.
The job role
- Recruitment, training and development of the kitchen team
- All aspects of kitchen management as you’ll be responsible for the whole food operation
- Menu development and creating specials
- In the summer you will be expected to cater for thousands a day, producing dishes such as fish & chips, burgers, sandwiches etc.
- In the winter/less busier time you have much more freedom to be creative with the dishes as the expected number of guests will be around 30-80 a day due to the seasonal location
- Stock management – implementing ways to minimalise costs and wastage, stock ordering and purchasing
- Procurement with suppliers – ensuring you can negotiate the best deals whilst maintaining the ethos of ‘fresh & local’
- Liaise with the Catering Operations Manager with any plans, issues, enquiries, staff development etc.
- This is a new opening with a great deal expected so you must be hands-on, positive, open minded and have a keen eye for attention to detail whilst being to handle immense levels of volume
- Salary of £30,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme in accordance to performance etc.
- Day time hours: Oct – Apr close 4pm / Rest of the year 6pm (tbc)
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting project and make a kitchen your own
- Chance to showcase your talent and creative flair
- DAY TIME HOURS
- Own transport required
Sous Chefs with the suitable skills and experience will be considered.
Don’t miss out – Apply now!
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis who will be happy to help.
Check Hospitality acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.