A 4* contemporary hotel with picturesque views is looking for a talented and hands-on Head Chef to push the food operation forward and maintain the excellent reputation already gained.
The job role
- Leading the team by example and organising staff rotas
- Manage labour and food costs whilst maintaining a successful GP
- Implement company regulations and ensure high standards are being met
- Responsible for menu development including daily/weekly specials
- Creating functions & events menu, tailoring the menus to the customers’ requests
- Oversee the recruitment, training & development of the kitchen staff
- Control the pass and ensure the quality of food leaving the kitchen is to spec
The ideal candidate
- Extensive knowledge with stock management, ordering, stock takes, working to GP, food costs, labour costs etc.
- Has a proven background in a similar environment i.e. fresh food, hotels and banqueting
- Understands the values of working for a large brand
- Can lead the brigade and ensure motivation is being maintained
- Takes pride in having a clean, safe and professional kitchen
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and can work effectively with FOH management and Execs/Head Office etc if required
- Has endless ideas for menus and can keep up to date with seasons and food trends
- Is passionate about training and developing junior Chefs
- Excellent salary of £42,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme in place
- Representing a global brand
- Extensive career development and progression opportunities
- Discounts across the group
- Meals, flexible working, high-street discounts and much more.
Please apply now to find out more about this exciting role!
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.