Our client is a beautiful Gastro Pub who pride themselves on fresh food and utilising local produce, they have a great charm within the establishment and are now seeking an ambitious Assistant Manager to continue to raise the standards and succeed alongside the business.
- Deputise in all aspects of the business in the absence of the General Manager
- Engage with the local community to maintain relationships and continue to improve the reputation of the pub
- Heavily involved in the front of house operation i.e. customer interaction, supporting staff and offering a ‘hands on’ approach throughout the day
- Managing staff, maintaining motivation and delegating duties appropriately
- Identifying issues, finding ways to resolve them to improve customer experience
- To learn and understand the Pub’s P&L including targets, forecasts, budgets & labour costs
- Stock control and finding new ways to increase profits and minimalise costs & wastage
- Heavily involved in finance & purchasing, payroll, table & room bookings and attending monthly financial reviews of the accounts
- Assist the General Manager with the training, recruiting and developing of team members
- Having a great understanding of their way of doing things, maintaining their reputable image and ensuring the team members are valued and all issues are dealt with accordingly but fair
The ideal candidate
- Have exceptional time management, organisational skills and the ability to prioritise accordingly
- Interpersonal skills and a great personality, this Pub is part of a loyal community, so someone to thrive on being part of that
- Have extremely high standards, maintain this throughout the day, including appearance and outlook on your work including the food leaving the kitchen
- Vast knowledge of the Hospitality industry, from food & beverage to the customer service
- Strong leadership skills, someone who is able to motivate the team and communicate effectively
- Passion for food as this Pub is part of a brand that are famous for their fresh food
- You must be ‘hands on’, this role is demanding and if you are a dedicated, hard working and honest person this will be extremely advantageous
- Proficient in IT including spread sheets & social media
- And most importantly, you must be customer focused and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
*Your own transport is required due to the location*
- Salary of £21,000 – £22,000 per annum
- Guaranteed Christmas off
- Exceptional training & development with a great company
- A brilliant opportunity to progress in your career
- And not to forget, endless benefits & discount schemes
Don’t miss out – Apply now
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.