Assistant Manager / Deputy Manager
£22,000 – £26,000 PA
Our client is looking for a new Assistant Manager with plenty of drive to join their unique property, boasting a traditional country pub with an extended fine dining restaurant, serving fresh & local produce with a highly reputable status and the potential to continue to succeed much further. They are aiming to gain their second AA Rosette next year, so they are looking for someone ith plenty of passion and motivation.
The job role
- Managing the day-to-day operation including opening and closing of the business
- Responsible for training the team, monitoring development and delegating duties appropriately
- Liaising with the Directors with business ideas, implementing creative and innovative ways to maintain industry relevance and increase profits
- Produce business reports including forecasts, GP control, staff rotas and labour costs when necessary
- Take pride in providing exceptional customer service and ensure the highest standards are being maintained by yourself and the team
- Engage with all types of characters and know when to adapt in various situations
- Have a hands-on approach in the work place and utilise your skills in each department, from behind the bar, in the restaurant and generally across the floor
- Liaise with the kitchen team with stock availability, specials and also throughout service to maintain efficiency
The ideal candidate
- Fresh food background and working in a similar environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Likeable, endearing but also firm and strong characteristics
- The ability to engage with various types of customers
- A strong business acumen with ambitions to be a General Manager in the future
- Has an immense passion for the industry and takes pride in their work
- Can identify any issues when/if they occur and provide solutions to resolve them effectively
- Has innovative and creative ideas and understands seasons, industry fashions and can adapt to change
- Is determined and committed to succeed in this industry
Salary & Benefits
- £22,000 – £25,000 per annum
- Additional tips/tronc (approx. £2-3k per annum)
- Accommodation is available
- Career progression opportunities
- Work with a fantastic team and owners
Don’t miss out – Apply now
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Sam who will be happy to help.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
We take data security very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application.
This process may involve us contacting you by telephone or e-mail now or in the future.