Sous Chef, Live In
With vibrant food, cosy open fires and traditional features this gastro pub with rooms offers a relaxing getaway or informal outing. With a fantastic reputation this country pub holds various events throughout the year along with hosting private events to celebrate any occasion in style making it a firm favourite in the area.
The role as a Sous Chef
As Sous Chef you will be working alongside the Head Chef to achieve budgeted revenue, guest satisfaction, achieving financial goals training the junior chefs in all aspects of the day to day life within the kitchen,
Not only will you be the Head Chef second hand but you will have managerial responsibilities and have the ability to confidently manage the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
* Has experience in busy kitchens working with fresh ingredients
* Is passionate about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
* Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it
* Is proactive and creates a positive working atmosphere
* Works well under pressure
* Is able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
* Understands and adheres to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets
* Embracing our food culture and designing regularly changing menus
* Setting and reviewing GPs
* Ordering & stock control management
* An annual salary of up to 28K depending on experience
* Tips and tronc (roughly £3000 per annum)
* Live in accommodation available
* Opportunity to work to a high standard with fresh food
* Internal training and company progression
* 28 days paid holiday per annum
If you would like more information about the roles or you would like to be one of the first to apply, then please submit your CV to us via the advert or do not hesitate to call the office on 02392 863303 and ask for Curtis.
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted – Thank you for your application.
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.